DCSO Hiring Policy
We want to thank everyone who is recruiting for us on our open positions. Responses have been great. It is necessary, however, that we make you aware of our policy. Applications are not taken at the Sheriff's Office.
To view current job openings with the Sheriff's Office, visit the Douglas County Human Resources Department's webpage. The job openings are listed on the right hand side of the web page. Click on any of the blue links to open the job ads.
An application can be downloaded from here.
HOW TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS
- Faxes are not accepted.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to:
Douglas County BOC
Human Resources Department
8700 Hospital Dr.
Douglasville, GA 30134
If you already have an active application on file and want to apply for an open position, DO NOT complete another paper application. Send an email to email@example.com and request that your application be submitted for the additional position or call the Human Resources Department at 770-920-7264. Applications can also be obtained from the Douglas County Human Resources Department at the courthouse.
Applications will not be accepted at the Sheriff's Office.
Persons accepted as Criminal Justice Interns at the Douglas County Sheriff's Office must follow the same set of rules and conduct themselves as professionals at all times. The following are the major requirements for college interns while working with, or in the company of, members of this department:
- Must live or attend school in Douglas County.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a criminal background check and a driver's history check.
- Must dress appropriately in business casual attire. (Collared shirts, no jeans, no tennis shoes, no visible piercings except for earrings, and female attire a conservative length and cut.)
- Must be prompt on their scheduled arrival times so not to interrupt staff assignments.
- Must promptly comply with instructions of staff to which they are assigned in order to ensure their safety and the integrity of departmental issues.
- Any and all information obtained as a result of an internship is to remain strictly confidential and is not to be discussed outside this department without written permission of the Sheriff or his designee. (Journals required for coursework are acceptable but should not contain sensitive or descriptive data.)
If you are interested in applying, please call our Personnel Division at 678-486-1227 and request an Intern Application Package.