DCSO Hiring Policy
We want to thank everyone who is recruiting for us on our open positions. Responses have been great. It is necessary, however, that we make you aware of our policy. All applications must be made through the County Courthouse on Hospital Drive. Applications are not taken at the Sheriff's Office.
Anyone interested in applying for a job with the Douglas County Sheriff's Office can contact the Douglas County Human Resources Department at the courthouse.
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail applications to:
Douglas County Human Resources Department
8700 Hospital Drive, Douglasville, GA 30134
Applications can be downloaded here. Applications can also be obtained from the Personnel/HR Department on the 1st floor of the Douglas County Courthouse.
If you already have an active application on file DO NOT submit another paper application.
Email completed applications to email@example.com and include the position title for which you're applying. Applications MUST be returned to the Douglas County Personnel Department at the courthouse, either in person, by physical mail or via email, in order to be considered. Applications will not be accepted at the Sheriff's Office.
Please Note: All our intern positions have been filled thru September. We will not have any further openings until October 1st, 2016 or later. Any applications received between now and the end of September will be put on a waiting list until positions become available. Applicants should not expect to be contacted until closer to October.
Persons accepted as Criminal Justice Interns at the Douglas County Sheriff's Office must follow the same set of rules and conduct themselves as professionals at all times. The following are the major requirements for college interns while working with, or in the company of, members of this department:
- Must live or attend school in Douglas County.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a criminal background check and a driver's history check.
- Must dress appropriately in business casual attire. (Collared shirts, no jeans, no tennis shoes, no visible piercings except for earrings, and female attire a conservative length and cut.)
- Must be prompt on their scheduled arrival times so not to interrupt staff assignments.
- Must promptly comply with instructions of staff to which they are assigned in order to ensure their safety and the integrity of departmental issues.
- Any and all information obtained as a result of an internship is to remain strictly confidential and is not to be discussed outside this department without written permission of the Sheriff or his designee. (Journals required for coursework are acceptable but should not contain sensitive or descriptive data.)
If you are interested in applying, please call our Personnel Division at 770-920-4967 and request an Intern Application Package.